Bestival Festival 2019 will not be taking place this year, according to Dorset Police. The news comes after the festival made headlines regarding a trial for a festival attendee’s drug related death back in 2017.
Dorset Police have revealed that the new event owners stated that it won’t be taking place. A spokesperson has stated, ‘Some time ago, we were informed by the new event owners that there are no plans to run a Bestival 2019 event.
The police have also stated,
‘The payment of our 2018 policing services invoice, totaling 141,176, to cover our policing of both Camp Bestival and Bestival is still outstanding and we’ve not received any full or part payment toward this’
There have been no official announcements in response from the festival organizers. However, according to a tweet from Bestival co-founder Rob da Bank, the statements by the police may not be true.
there are some very odd and frankly completely fabricated and totally untrue stories circulating right now …watch this space
— Rob da Bank (@RobdaBank) March 6, 2019
https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.jsAlthough a bit vague, it seems like there may be miscommunications from both parties.
Camp Bestival, the sister festival to Bestival, will still be taking place this year at the Lulworth Castle in Dorset.
***READ MORE HERE: Bestival Festival 2019 Will Not Take Place
You Might also like
By Real EDM — 8 months ago
Wide-Eyed and Mouth-Gaped after listening to this debut album
Now, this is how you release a debut LP. Said The Sky is blowing us away with his first full-length album “Wide-Eyed” out today via Seeking Blue Records.
Having started the journey towards this career landmark courtesy of singles ‘Over Getting Over You’ alongside Matthew Koma and ‘Superstar’ alongside Dabin and Linn, Said The Sky (real name Trevor Christensen) leaves no stone unturned for his first album project. Accompanied by a nationwide tour covering the entire country, WIDE-EYED represents a serious step into the spotlight from the rising star.
The 15-track offering is a testament to the four-year journey that has taken Said The Sky to the level of artistry he shows us today.
- He starts off with a beautiful piano intro with Just Our Lullaby that sets the listener up for what is going to be a roller coaster of vibes.
- Next up we have Just Us ft. Yuppycult, a bright yet sultry vocal future bass track that has just the amount of pop.
- Show & Tell ft. Claire Ridgely is sassy, boppy, with empowering vocals.
- Affection ft. Jack Newsome and Origami gives me full Odesza vibes (my greatest compliment) 5 stars!
- Beautiful feat Diamond Eyes is soulful with that big room drop. I could see this being played at any festival main stage.
- Pray For Me ft. Origami has been out on the scene for a bit and fits into this album like a glove. It’s a heavier, darker tone than the rest which is a cool change up to mix in. Getting trap vibes.
- Mixed Signals with StayLoose ft. Kyle Reynolds is summery and could fit in the mainstream scene but the funky flare brings it some edge.
- Hold Me Closer is a solemnly beautiful interlude that showcases his guitar and piano skills that have brought him to where he is now.
- All I Got also starts slow and melodic but opens to an airy powerful drop that wakes you right back up.
- Faded is giving me straight emo vibes, middle school me is getting down to this. And then with build up and drop show the listener how talented his production skills truly are. I dare you not to nod your head to.
- Erase Me is straight ethereal.
- Change Your Mind ft. Vancouver Sleep Clinic is euphoric.
- Over Getting You ft. Matthew Koma, the song that has brought him some of the most attention gives off great big room vibes.
- Superstar with Dabin and Lim seems mainstream but with the interesting moving basslines that switch things up.
- Finally, Never Gone is another angelic track with a powerful drop that culminates the album perfectly and shows that this man is an EDM powerhouse.
Reflecting on the journey to his debut LP, Trevor explains: ‘This LP turned out as the story of falling in and out of love. The first half of the album kind of portrays the feelings you have when you first meet somebody and are falling madly in love, while the second half represents the feelings you can go through after everything falls apart. This wasn’t a conscious decision from the beginning. I decided to create the whole album when I realized I was sitting on quite a few tunes that could live in the same world and could be part of the same story.’
His music is truly an experience and if you get the opportunity, check him out live while on tour:
WIDE-EYED TOUR 2018
7/21 – Denver @ Global Dance Festival (B2B w/ Illenium)
8/4 – Hawaii @ The Republik
8/11 – Baltimore @ Moonrise Music Festival
8/17 – Tampa @ Ritz
8/18 – Orlando @ Glit
8/24 – Dallas @ Lizard Lounge
8/25 – Austin @ Vulcan
8/29 – Denver @ Red Rocks (supporting Illenium)
8/30 – Omaha @ Sokol Underground
8/31 – New Orleans @ Republic NOLA
9/1 – New York @ Electric Zoo Music Festival
9/7 – Grand Rapids @ The Stache
9/8 – Minneapolis @ Skyway Theatre
9/9 – Kansas City @ Dancefestopia Music Festival
9/14 – Albuquerque @ El Rey
9/15 – San Bernardino @ Nocturnal Wonderland
9/16 – Thornville [OH] @ Lost Lands Music Festival
9/20 – Buffalo @ Rec Room
9/21 – Toronto @ Velvet Underground
9/22 – Montreal @ Belmont
9/29 – Phoenix @ Goldrush Music Festival
10/4 – Reno @ The Blue Bird
10/5 – Berkeley @ Cornerstone
10/6 – San Diego @ Bassmnt
10/13 – Atlanta @ Terminal West
10/18 – Vancouver @ MIA
10/19 – Edmonton @ Chvrch Of John
10/20 – Calgary @ Hifi Club
SAID THE SKY+
***READ MORE HERE: SAID THE SKY HITS EMOTIVELY CHARGED MILESTONE WITH DEBUT LP “WIDE EYED” OUT NOW [Listen]
Source: edm.comPost Views: 396
By Real EDM — 8 months ago
Tomorrowland is already known as one of the most magical places on earth (sorry Disney World), but this year it’s set to feature some extra special production courtesy of our Moon. During Tomorrowland Weekend 2, on July 27 to be exact, attendees will bear witness to the longest lunar eclipse in a century.
For almost 2 hours the moon will turn red as a total lunar eclipse takes place. Luckily the blood moon will get the best views from Europeans, that means Belgium and Tomorrowland too. Unfortunately, Americans won’t get a view of this blood moon at all. The next time this phenomenon will occur is in 80 years. We can only imagine all of the Tomorrowland photographers are gearing up for some potentially historic shots.
The post Historic Blood Moon Will Be Visible from Tomorrowland appeared first on EDMTunes.
***READ MORE HERE: Historic Blood Moon Will Be Visible from Tomorrowland
Source: edmtunes.comPost Views: 434
By Real EDM — 1 year ago
Diplo, Marshmello, and Martin Garrix are only a few of the characters you’ll see at Summer Splash’s 11th Las Vegas edition.
With winter slowly winding down, the only thing we’ve got on our mind is the sizzling summer fun of Summer Splash Las Vegas.
Returning for its 11th season in Las Vegas, Summer Splash fuses fun, sun, and a little luxury into an open-air music experience. In 2018, Summer Splash is bringing the world’s biggest talent to the Las Vegas strip featuring performances from EDM juggernauts like Diplo, Martin Garrix, Marshmello, Tiësto and many, many more!
Unlike most music events which happen only once a year, Summer Splash is offering four chances to experience sun-soaked music at Palm Casino Resort. Each edition offers an opportunity to escape reality for a long 6-day holiday with the help of your favorite DJs.
The only question is, which week will you choose?
Week 1: June 27th-July 2nd
Week 2: July 11th-16th
Week 3: August 1st-6th
Week 4: August 8th-13th
The venue, Palms Casino Resort has also recently undergone a massive renovation, making the Summer Splash experience a lot more luxe. With redesigned rooms and suites, a new steakhouse, and two new nightlife venues new nightlife venues, Apex Social Club and Camden Cocktail Lounge by Clique Hospitality, there are even more opportunities to indulge in some sweet summer hedonism.View the 4 images of this gallery on the original article
Take the party indoors or outdoors at top-rated Las Vegas venues such as Encore Beach Club, OMNIA, XS, XS Nightswim, Hakkasan Las Vegas Nightclub, WET REPUBLIC, Intrigue and Marquee Dayclub. The music will be pumping morning, noon, and night, for partygoers that want to prove their worth as a true weekend warriors.
Don’t wait too long, though! Last year, Summer Splash witnessed a sold-out season, and with a lineup like this it’s no doubt going to happen again!
Today’s your last chance to scoop your Discounted Early Bird tickets – Reserve them now!
Connect With Summer Splash Las Vegas:
Read original post here: High Temps and Cool Beats Are Guaranteed at Summer Splash Las VegasPost Views: 376